Saturday, May 15, 2010

Simple Days

Remember when we just worried about what we were going to do tomorrow. That was the life before kids. Even if you were strapped for cash, you never really worried about it. Why would you, you only had to take care of yourself.

These days, between figuring what dairy free, gluten free meals, I am going to prepare for the days. I need to fit into my weekly schedule my daughter's physio, my own physio (recovering from a car accident), the meals, the 30 hour work week and maybe get some cleaning done. By the weekend, I'm exhausted and I just want to have a quiet day but you still need to fit time in for your family and yourself. Yeah, my self... I haven't figured that one out yet..I use to scrapbook but I don't have time for that anymore when I do have time.. My imagination or motivation has taken a sabbatical. I use to bake for the fun of it and now I look at my kitchen counter and either it needs to cleaned first or it just been cleaned. I'm not sure that I want to tackle that mess again.

I often find myself wishing for that simple life, a small house in the middle of no where close to family, with a yard that goes on for miles and the only thing I need to do is take care of my children, my house and my husband. Is it bad that I don't want to be a career woman after all? Where did all that drive an ambition go? Did our grandmothers know something we didn't? It just seemed more simple then.. lots of work, needless to say, but simple.

Just food for thoughts.

Take Care,

MommaBear

No comments: