Saturday, May 15, 2010

Cream Corn Sauce Recipe for Fish.


I have to say I was a bit apprehensive when I tried out this recipe.. I was longing for a sweet tropical island taste.. I serve fish at least twice a week and for some reason always on Friday.. I'm not overly catholic.. It just so happens this way.. I won't put too much thought into that.

The recipes wasn't a total hit with my kids.. I think they were intimidated by this adult looking plate were everything is not mashed up together! But they did eat it that always a good start.



Fish with cream corn sauce


Cream corn sauce recipe.

2 Tbsp VEGETABLE OIL
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1 large Onion, chopped
1 tsp Ginger, chopped
1 cup stock (vegetable)
1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
1/4 cup of Vinegar
2 Tbsp Sugar
1/4 cup Green Sweet Pepper, julienne
1/4 cup Red Sweet Pepper, julienne
1 can CREAM STYLE CORN

In a saucepan heat oil, add minced garlic, onion and chopped ginger and saute for 2 minutes.
6. Dissolve egg powder in stock. De glaze pan using stock . Add sesame oil, sugar, vinegar and sweet peppers; allow to simmer.
7. Add cream style corn, combine well and continue to simmer for an additional minute.
8. Drizzle over fish fillet

Serve with rice and mixed green salad.

No comments: