Thursday, June 3, 2010

Donating Blood

Here are my reason why I donate blood:

1. My children
2. My daughter, she needed IVIG to recover from Encephalitis
3. My father in law, who required blood transfusions before passing away
4. My family
5. J and E, children my daughter's age, who need monthly IVIG to combat their illness/conditions.
6. M and E who had a stroke and needed it.
7. Cancer patients that has required it.
8. You will never feel as good as you do after you donate blood.
9. M and J who need it after being hit by vehicles.
10. Someone needs blood every 3 seconds
11. 60% of the population will need blood at some time in their lives
12. Just one donation, to save up to three lives!

This is beside the fact that I am O negative, universal donor, and my blood type is the most sought after.

Good Night,
Take care,

MommaBear

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a nurse I want to say thank you.
Blood donation IS the gift of life and I have seen it save lives first hand. So THANK YOU :)