Saturday, October 1, 2011

It's been a while

Hi Friends,

Yes it's been a while. In February, I started a new position with the same company and lost myself in the chaos of life.

I am back now with a bigger vengeance to eat better and healthier and teach my kids that this is what they needs to eat. Since as grown up, most of us, have to reteach ourselves to eat healthy not that our parents did not do a good job or try but there are values that you learn along the way sometimes that are something you, alone, bring to your family.

I will try to post every night what we are eating the outcome and maybe a feedback for the family coral :)

Starting by tonight: since we were running around all day with dance, sportball and some grocery shopping.

We had green & yellow beans - blanched for 4 minutes with some soy butter.
some sweet potato fries with olive oil and cracked black pepper.
some scallops cooked in orange juice then toss in olive oil, pepper and a bit of sea salt.

It was all done within 25 min including prep time :)

My 3 year old did not like the sweet potato. It's something we are working on! You might see it appear on the menu more and more as I try to get them acquainted to the taste.

My 5 year old rated everything good but really loved the scallops, she was even complaining that we needed more.

My 38 year old husband was rather surprise that he liked scallop but he loved the sweet potato fries the best..

Have a good night sleep tight and bon appetit!

From MommaBear

No comments: