Monday, August 30, 2010

Life

This weekend was probably one of the most difficult weekend that I had in a long time.

A work friend's wife just miscarried at 23 weeks. They are some of the nicest people that I've met. He always ask me how I'm doing and inquires how the kids are doing if I am absent from work because they were sick or for appointment.. He's just an overall genuine person.

I offered my help and they accept.. so I drove just over an hour to keep two of the world saddest individual company.. There's no right words that can be said in situations like this. Only time and rest can help them deal with this. I don't want to throw cliché there way like "I wasn't meant to be" or "Everything happens for a reason". All I said was that I was there for them and could listen to what they had to say and provide my personal input and that only time and rest would clear up this situation for them. I did tell them not to give up and to take care of themselves as I left.

I got home feeling drained and wondering how can two of the worlds nicest and genuine person, I've ever met be dealt such an enduring trial.. Only time will tell us why it happened and we might never know.. maybe it's something to do with the butterfly effect..

Anyways, needless to say, I hugged my kids a lot these days.

Take care
MommaBear

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Life is unbelievably unfair at times...

MommaBear said...

It seems to me that life is unfair most of the time.