Friday, April 30, 2010

Love notes.

Most of the time, life overwhelms me. How can I balance a career? young children? a husband? and the never ending house chores?

On those days, I normally put all the chores aside and start looking for the reasons why I'm doing what I doing? Am I looking for validation? Justification? A need for self-fulfilment? Then out of nowhere, as I'm walking around the house figuring what's the next thing I need to do.. I heard the soft snores or the gentle whispers of my kids sleeping.. that when it hits me... This is why I signed up for this circus act.. for these little humans, that loves you unconditionally, they leave little notes all over the house .. A strand sock on the side of the sink, a reminder that they need to know where you are at any given moment... that trail of cheerios across the house that crunches as you go because they wanted to be there with you... doesn't matter what you are doing, they just want to make sure that you are there.. those sticky handprints on the windows, doors and more so your clothes are also part of those little love notes..

Do I need to get away? yes, like any other parents of busy young children. Can I afford it? No, like any other parents of busy young children.

I have not yet reached or found a solution to reaching that balance act in the circus of my life.. The main reason is that I keep getting distracted by these little love notes that I see everywhere.

Take care for now.

Love MommaBear

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read. Suck it up woman, clean your house and get on with life like the rest of us do. The name of this site is "Surprise this is life" Guess what - it is what it is. Quit spending the time writing about stupid things like love notes aka the crap in your house you can't be bothered to clean and go to it! Quit procrastinating. Hire a maid.