Thursday, April 29, 2010

Chocolate Banana Bread

This is a delectable dessert. I've tested it on my husband, my babysitter and the numerous kids at day care and they all love it.. It's dairy free and gluten free.


Ingredients

* 1 cup canola oil
* 2 cups white sugar
* 4 eggs
* 6 bananas, mashed
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 3 cups Bob's Red Mill all-purpose gluten free flour
* 1 tsp Xantham Gum
* 2 teaspoons baking soda
* 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (Fry's at a dairy free version)
* 1 cup soy yogurt
* 1 cup enjoy life chocolate chips

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans.
2. In a large bowl, cream together margarine, sugar, sour cream and eggs. Stir in bananas and vanilla. Sift in flour, Xantham Gum, baking soda and cocoa; mix well. Blend in chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pans.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 60-90 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of a loaf comes out clean.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

I think I'll try this...if I can find the Bob's flour!